Carroll County, Ohio, Flag

Apr 8th, 2018

Carroll County Ohio Flag

 

Carroll County was formed by the Ohio State Congress in 1833 form portions of Columbiana, Harrison, Jefferson, Stark, and Tuscarawas counties. Most of the early settlers migrated to the county from Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. Carroll County was named for Charles Carroll from Carrolton, Maryland. At the time of his death in 1833, he had been the last surviving individual that had signed the Declaration of Independence. The county seat is located in Carrollton.

 

The Carroll County flag is one of the few county flags that are shaped like a burgee. The field has green and white stripes and features the outline of the county map containing the words “Carroll County”. Nothing is known about how the flag was selected or who designed it.

 

The Ohio Veterans Plaza at the Ohio Statehouse features plaques and accompanying flagpoles displaying flags from each of the 88 counties in Ohio. The flags were presented at the Ohio Statehouse in 2005 during the Bicentennial flag dedication ceremonies.

 

Flagpoles Etc.

 

We are a family-owned business that has spent over 25 years in our chosen trade. All of our products are made in America. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have regarding flags, flagpoles, and flag and flagpole accessories. Visit our Website to purchase yours today!

 

To keep up-to-date with our latest news and informative blog posts, Like us on Facebook, and  Follow us on Twitter (@FlagPoleEtc) and Google Plus