Hamilton County, Ohio, Flag

May 25th, 2018

Hamilton

 

Hamilton County is located in the Southwest corner of Ohio and consists of 413 square miles. It was organized in 1790 as the second county in the Northwest Territory. Cincinnati serves as the county seat. Hamilton County was named for the first United States Secretary of the Treasury, Alexander Hamilton.

 

The county of Hamilton adopted an official flag in June 2002 following a flag design contest. ArtWorks, a nonprofit that assists local youth in the arts, in conjunction with Hamilton County, hosted the contest and sought entries from students, local artists, and the general public. The winning entry, out of 95 submissions, was designed by Justin Green, a graphic artist.

 

The meanings assigned to the flag design include the following:

 

*     “H”: Hamilton County

*     “O”: The state of Ohio

*     Stars (37 Total in Inside Circle): The 21 cities and 16 villages in the county

*     Stars (12 Total in Outside Circle): The 12 townships in the county

 

The Ohio Veterans Plaza at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus, Ohio, features plaques and accompanying flagpoles from each of the 88 counties in Ohio. The flags were presented at the Ohio Statehouse in 2005 during the Bicentennial flag dedication ceremonies and are now displayed annually.

 

Flagpoles Etc.

 

We are a family-owned business that has spent over 25 years in our chosen trade. All of our products are made in America. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have regarding flags, flagpoles, and flag and flagpole accessories. Visit our Website to purchase yours today!

 

To keep up-to-date with our latest news and informative blog posts, Like us on Facebook, and  Follow us on Twitter (@FlagPoleEtc) and Google Plus