Hardin County, Ohio, Flag

Jun 2nd, 2018

Hardin

 

Hardin County is located in Northwest Ohio and consists of 471 square miles. It was created in 1820 and later organized in 1833. The county seat is located in the city of Kenton. Hardin County was named for John Hardin, an American Revolutionary War officer.

 

Stuart Rogers, former County Commissioner, and Rodney K. Rogers designed the current county flag sometime around 1984. The first flag was sewn together by Mrs. Delores Warmbrod.

 

The meanings assigned to the flag design include the following:

 

*     1833: The year the county was organized

*     Green Field: Agriculture

*     Stars (15 Total): Represent the townships in the county

 

The flag was flown for the first time in September 1984 during a flagpoles and gazebo dedication at the Hardin County Fairgrounds.

 

The Ohio Veterans Plaza at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus, Ohio, features plaques and accompanying flagpoles from each of the 88 counties in Ohio. The flags were presented at the Ohio Statehouse in 2005 during the Bicentennial flag dedication ceremonies and are now displayed annually.

 

Flagpoles Etc.

 

We are a family-owned business that has spent over 25 years in our chosen trade. All of our products are made in America. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have regarding flags, flagpoles, and flag and flagpole accessories. Visit our Website to purchase yours today!

 

To keep up-to-date with our latest news and informative blog posts, Like us on Facebook, and  Follow us on Twitter (@FlagPoleEtc) and Google Plus