Wyandot County, Ohio, Flag

Oct 5th, 2018

 

Wyandot County is located in the north-central region of Ohio and consists of 408 square miles. It was organized in 1845 from portions of Crawford, Hancock, Hardin, and Marion counties. The county seat is located in the city of Upper Sandusky. Wyandot County was named for the Wyandot Native Americans that lived in the area until 1842 when they ceded their reservation and were relocated to other states.

 

A flag design contest was held in 1975 by area 4-H clubs. The winning entry was submitted by Upper Sandusky resident Madeline Martin. It was officially adopted in September 1975 by the county commissioners.

 

The meanings assigned to the flag design include the following:

 

*     1845: Date county was organized

*     Brown Field: The rich soil in the county – an important attraction to Native American Indians and to early settlers

*     Indian Silhouette: Heritage

*     Sunburst: Life and growth.

 

The Ohio Veterans Plaza at the Ohio Statehouse in Columbus, Ohio, features plaques and accompanying flagpoles from each of the 88 counties in Ohio. The flags were presented at the Ohio Statehouse in 2003 during the Bicentennial flag dedication ceremonies and are now displayed annually.

 

Flagpoles Etc.

 

We are a family-owned business that has spent over 25 years in our chosen trade. All of our products are made in America. Please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have regarding flags, flagpoles, and flag and flagpole accessories. Visit our Website to purchase yours today!

 

To keep up-to-date with our latest news and informative blog posts, Like us on Facebook, and  Follow us on Twitter (@FlagPoleEtc) and Google Plus